She's been bothering me. She's been sitting on top of my grandmother's piano ever since it came home to live with me. She's an unfinished project from my 20's - one of several dolls I made that my mother "bought" from me when I needed money but was too proud to ask. And when my mother died, she came back to live with me. I'm not sure where the others went.
No name, not finished. Filthy from decades of living in that house with all the dust and smoke and nicotene. Today, she decided enough is enough.
to be continued...
Is this from a Carolee pattern? My grandmother used to make a ton of these dolls and sold them in shops.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the hair on this one.
I'm not sure! It was either a Simplicity or McCall's pattern from the early 80's that I made at least 8 different versions of back then, and 2-3 more about 8 years ago. I'm sure the designer was credited but the pattern is... somewhere... in my sewing room of doom.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, I still treasure the dolls you made for me!
Eve, she is too cute, glad to see you doing this again. Love ya....
ReplyDelete