Thursday, June 27, 2013

Itty Bits of Progress

I'm moving slowly this week.  I *am* making progress, but much of it is the boring prep work: 30 yards of broadcloth pre-washed, a pattern or two cut out, my workspace reorganized so that I have room for my sewing machine and the ability to find my tools with a minimum of frustration.  Okay, you can stop laughing now...

There was some frustration when I realized that I do NOT have enough yarn for the rectangle granny - so while I'm waiting for the rest of the yarn to be delivered, I have ripped it out and have decided it will be an afghan made with an assortment of Scrap Savers Hexagon Motifs:


It's going to be made with Red Heart Super Saver in Tea Leaf, Turqua, Lemon and Pinata - and if anyone has any Pinata in their stash they're willing to sell or trade, let me know!  I have enough to make borders for the motifs, but would like to actually make some motifs with it as well.  It's apparently a retired colorway, and while I found lots of it at Ravelry, no-one's selling.

I did a teensy bit of work on No-Name Girl*:


Who now has her Wonder Woman tattoo.  I'd planned on embroidering it, but *hate* embroidering on dolls after they've been stuffed.  I think the paint works better anyway.  

Finally, I've decided on the first two garment makeovers:



My hand to my heart, they both looked MUCH better online - and were on clearance for such a low price that it just wasn't worth the postage to return them.  I think I can make something much cuter out of them *knock wood*.

*fercryinoutloud, why did her picture post sideways, and why is there no edit option to fix that???

No comments:

Post a Comment