Saturday, July 13, 2013

Finished Object Friday (a few hours late)

I'm done with the Rainbow Purse and my hook/needle/scissor case:


There was no pattern for The Case With No Name.*  It was a make-it-up-as-I-go thing**, but for those who want to try, it was more or less this:

1 oz assorted scrap yarns, J hook, 7/8 inch button.

Chain 32, hdc in 3rd chain from hook and in each chain to the end - 30 hdc.  I stitched back loop only, but it will work just as well through both loops.  Make as many rows as you wish, changing colors as you wish.  Fasten off, weave in ends, and sew seams when you're done.

The flap is 15 hdc across.  The button loop is 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the center stitch of the row.  If you're using a larger button, adjust your center chain size.  The flap finishes with sc in each stitch across, 2 sc in chain space.

I'm not a professional pattern designer - I'm sure there are errors but at least you're pointed in the right direction.***


* I really need to work on my naming skills, don't I?

** The Husband says I need to work on my adjective skills, too.

*** Who am I kidding?  I coffee, lots of it, before trying to write a pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment